Updated: Jun 17, 2020
In today’s society a lot of us tend to develop this hunched over, rounded shoulders and forward head posture. If not corrected, this type of bad posture can lead to many problems especially shoulder pain, back pain, tight muscles, loss in mobility and much more.
A couple activities we do in our daily lives like looking at our phones and working on our computers cause us to develop this poor posture.
Bad posture can lead to tight chest muscles and weak upper back muscles. It also works in the other direction where tight chest muscles and weak upper back muscles cause bad posture.
There are a few steps we can to take to either get rid of or prevent the back pain, shoulder pain, and all of the tightness and problems caused from this posture.
1. Strengthen muscles that are weak
2. Stretch the muscles that are tight
3. Try not to sit down for long periods of time
4. Work at a standing desk
5. When sitting try to sit up and keep neck straight
6. When standing, walking, exercising, or during any activity focus on keeping your shoulders back. When standing I like to turn my thumbs outwards because it really helps me pull my shoulders back.